Pages

Saturday 28 February 2009

Parsnips - hurrah!

At last - there are signs of life in the parsnip beds! As you may recall, I planted some little tiny parsnip seeds at the beginning of January and have loved them every day since, despite their unwillingness to sprout! However, my faith has finally paid off and today, there are at least 4 little new shoots!

As for the rest of the garden, new life is also blossoming all around. I'm learning what some of the shoots and perennial bulbs are and look forward to finding out more as they flower: there are definitely some crocus, snowdrops and daffodils though!

I've had a busy day outside today, clearing out the hot-tub, removing dead leaves, uncovering the onions and garlic - as you can see, the garlic is looking fantastic so have removed the fleece so it doesn't befall the same fate as the onions; being squashed. I also decided to plant a row of red and a row of white onions in between!

1 comments:

Dewi said...

Envy.... envy... envy ... you at the moment. I still need to fix my vegetable boxes, gopher took them ove since last year, arg...

Congrat dear, look like you are going to have a lot of fun this spring. Actually, you already have fun right now, right?
Cheers,
Elra

Post a Comment

Hi,

Would love to know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Merlotti x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin