Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Found them!

No, not the parsnips, I already found those last week! I was looking for an alternative to fleece as I had sort of made my own fleecy tunnels to protect the new shoots. The wire I used, however, wasn't strong enough and the shoots kept snapping, so I was looking for a low-cost alternative. There are 'proper' tunnels with hollow metal tubes, but these cost about £30 and with the amount I've already spent, I couldn't really justify it.

So I popped into Poundland! I know, but they had exactly what I was looking for: Polytunnels with cheap plastic and studier wire than I already had - perfect...I erected them as soon as I returned home and just hope they haven't blown away in the strong wind we had last night: I haven't had the opportunity to go out and check yet.

I also bought several bags of compost to get things started, before I move onto my more home-grown version, and three huge bins of it at that. I also weeded the vegetable beds and began the chitting of the the potatoes! My most exciting time, though, was using the new leaf blower / sucker! I bought it as I got fed up with not being able to see the flower beds and borders as the leaves are beginning to mulch and it seems they will never go, so I had great fun moving them from place to place then sucking them up and shredding them! A big tidy-up is required this weekend if the weather stays fair - garden and house I feel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Would love to know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Merlotti x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin