Pages

Saturday 7 March 2009

Weeds

I've noticed the weeds are really beginning to grow and spread and have realised I need to do something about them now! First, I'm trying to kill them all off, then have bought some weed netting to spread over the top. Next, I've got some 'walk-way' to go between the raised beds, but it all needs a bit of a clean, so must get the hosepipe and bucket out.

I just popped into the garden this morning and found the onions sprouting in the greenhouse so have had to find yet more space for them - have planted in between the beans at the moment! We're going to have loads this year I think!

As for other plans, the cabbages are in, the carrots are just beginning (they were an experiment really to see if I could get away with planting them so early, so I'll keep you posted), onions and garlic are in and growing vigorously and the rest of the beds have all been allocated their share of summer veggies. The current problem is that the daffodils are growing in some of the beds too! Oh well, will have to wait before planting - don't know how the veggies will get on with them, especially the sweetcorn, but we'll wait and see!

1 comments:

Dewi said...

Same here. It's not really an exciting moment for me to pull al of those weeds... I have to do it though, because if my gardener do it, for sure he'll pull the young seedling as well. he still couldn't figure out which one is weed, and which one is the valuable seedling. It drives me nut.
Cheers,
elra

Post a Comment

Hi,

Would love to know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Merlotti x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin