Pages

Tuesday 3 February 2009

Spotted!

Ha ha! I finally begun my mission to make friends with Mr. Robin. He did, however, perch at the top of the highest tree in the garden and my camera only just managed to reach him on the zoom! He also ventured nearer the house, feeding from the seed feeder and generally hopping about. He was singing beautifully, until...

At which point, the singing turned to warning, along with the other little birds' cries. The tits and finches just don't know my shadow very well yet. They still think he's quick enough to catch them: they should take a lesson from the blackbirds who play chicken regularly outside the cat-flap window, knowing that the shadow is unlikely to emerge from the warmth unless provoked!

Thought I'd finish up today with a couple of snowy pictures - one of the contorted hazel (thanks Susie, The Walled Garden Blog) looking beautiful, and another of the pond. Enjoy.



1 comments:

Jules said...

I've just blogged about our Mr. Robin. As I type this I can hear him chirping by the kitchen window. The contorted Hazel looks fantastic in the snow.

Post a Comment

Hi,

Would love to know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Merlotti x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin