Pages

Saturday 31 January 2009

Tagged

Despite the freezing wind, snow flurries and occasional bursts of sunshine, we made it outside to check the protection for the onions and garlic was holding up. Needless to say, one corner had blown loose and needed re-staking, but apart from that, everything looked good.


I also ventured into town today, without shadow, and happened upon some wooden plant labels, of which I swiftly bought 3 packets. They're only £1 ish from Wilkinson's so I scooped up a few to go one at the end of each row so I can see exactly how many rows of plants I have. They also sold a set of larger slate labels which would be perfect for tagging an area or raised bed rather than the ends of a row. One of the two packs left was broken though, so I left those for the time being.



We chose pencil as our tool of choice to write the vegetable names on and quickly substituted the plastic labels already out for the new, more 'organic', wooden variety. Much prettier. Although my shadow raced wildly about, encouraged by the blustery conditions, he proved camera shy today; I had the perfect shot of the broad beans, the new wooden tag and him though the trellises. but the wind blew at the wrong moment and he sprang out of shot to race around into the greenhouse instead: A much safer shelter from the snow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Would love to know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Merlotti x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin