Pages

Sunday 25 January 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I was beginning to worry a little, as we haven't seen Squirrel recently; I say squirrel, he's one of the rotundest, most spherical squirrels you will ever see, and from now on in, will be only known as Chunk! This morning, however, I caught him chasing his tail over the wall into next door's garden, so he's still about. I think he's a little upset as I've recently bought a squirrel-proof bird feeder - we'll see how long it foxes him for, not long I'm sure!


Well, I'm sorry to say I'm a fairweather gardener, and since the rain hasn't dissipated today, I've stayed indoors. It's wet, blustery and cold - generally miserable. I have, however, kept myself busy, preparing for the Spring and the endless sowing season; I've made a set of newspaper 'seed pots' ready for the greenhouse and all those tiny seeds. It's a great way to use old newspapers, especially the amount we seem to have spread across various room and floors in the house (!); a type of recycle and reuse if you will.




Have a look at the video to see how you could make your own. There's no need for one of those fancy wooden pot makers you see advertised - simply choose a vase, jar, or even a rolling pin of about the right diameter to wrap the paper around and you're off. It does help if you choose an open-ended vessel as it makes it easier to tuck the base into, as you'll see...enjoy the music!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Would love to know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Merlotti x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin