Pages

Saturday 31 January 2009

Tick List

snowdrops

OK - despite the cold I ventured outside in the sunshine earlier to attempt some of the 'list. My little shadow also ventured outside for the first time this weekend and insisted on 'helping' with all the tasks, including putting up higher covers for the onions and garlic so the green shoots don't break off...










putting up the fishing wire as a heron deterrent - tick

adding posts to the raised beds to raise the covers - tick

(low posts and bubble wrap!) planting in a few more onions - too cold

give the compost a stir - tick, and added kitchen scraps (click here for tips on composting)

clearing the mushy leaves from the lawn - too muddy

give 'making friends with Mr Robin' another go - he didn't appear :(

I found some potential daffodils hiding under the Contorted Willow!


As I re-read the 'list', I see that I undertook all the easy jobs and left out the more difficult ones, or ones I didn't want to do, giving an excuse to justify it to myself! Oh well, there's still tomorrow!


in the greenhouse

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Would love to know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Merlotti x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin