Pages

Monday 26 January 2009

Winter Blues

Well, when the fog had cleared, the sun finally poked its head out today and was pleasingly warm. The next job on my list, if I ever arrive home before it gets dark, is to put a length of fishing wire around the pond in an attempt to deter the heron.
I met Mr Robin yesterday for a fleeting moment: He's often around but is not a very confident little chap, (who would be with a clumsy black cat around?) and very shy, but my plan over the next few weeks is to make friends. And as for the birds, they still haven't learnt how to get through the squirrel-proof feeder - maybe they'll learn when they get really hungry!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Great to hear what you're up to in your new home. Seems like you've inherited green fingers! Unfortunatley I can't really offer any gardening tips as I usually struggle to keep cacti alive! I'm looking forward however to the next installment of Merlots antics in the garden.

Laura x

Post a Comment

Hi,

Would love to know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Merlotti x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin