Pages

Monday 15 June 2009

No Room in the Patch...part 1


Well, the final little plug plants arrived, all be it a few weeks late, and I spent Saturday clearing and weeding the remainder of the beds and Sunday planting everything up. As well as the main beds, I tidied up the Nasturtiums with the hope of popping a few into a salad this week, and made sure everything in the greenhouse was 'up to date'. My one remaining job in there is to plant up the peppers: there are now strong healthy shoots and I need to find a pot in which to put them!

First up... the umbellifers! All my little roots. I planted the carrots early in the greenhouse, and despite everyone telling me that you couldn't uproot them and transplant them because the tap root would be damaged, I was very careful and it looks like ti's worked well! They are growing bigger and need harvesting soon before they get tough and lose their sweetness. I also found a few parsnips that I'd popped in with radish to mark the rows. Well, the radish have been eaten and a few parsnips survived, along with the extras I've grown on from the greenhouse. This week's new arrivals is the celery. All planted in and ready to grow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Would love to know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Merlotti x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin