Pages

Saturday 15 May 2010

Pea shoots – grow and cook!

Having been an avid watcher of The Edible Garden over the last few week, I couldn’t wait to try growing your own dried peas! I bought a box of Bachelors ‘Bigga’ Dried marrowfat peas at just 39p from the local supermarket, and prepared my bed. I’d just bought a set of boxes from Wiggly Wigglers and couldn’t wait to find a use for them, so this idea seemed perfect. I lined it with a bag, and cut a few slits in the bottom for drainage, then packed with compost. Next, I spread the peas along the surface and pushed each one down abut a centimetre and watered in.

SDC12169

Now they’re sitting pretty on the kitchen windowsill and all I have to do is cross my fingers and hope they grow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Would love to know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Merlotti x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin