Pages

Monday 20 April 2009

Potting Up


I visited the market this weekend and can never resist the trays of summer plants on offer. I could only carry two so opted for trailing Lobelia in mixed colours and a tray of little geraniums. I spent all afternoon re-planting last years' pots, re-mixing the compost, adding a bit more new soil and potting up.

The next question was where to put them? I've settled for a couple in the conservatory and most edging the pond, as you can still see them from the house. I also found a couple of those long 'plant bag' type things in the shed so planted one of those up too with the trailing Lobelia and have hung it in the porch! I'll see how it fairs as it's sunny and hot in there in the morning and I'm not sure how I'll do with the watering!

As you can see, the cat really wanted to help with the weeding this morning. In fact, he was so involved, he lay across all the carrot, radish and parsnip seedlings, chasing the plastic tunnels as I moved them to get underneath each one in turn! Thankfully, after a few quick pics, I managed to trick him out with a stick and gave up with the weeding until he'd gone for a quick rest...

http://direbonappetit.blogspot.com/


1 comments:

Dewi said...

Your cat is so cute! Luckily cat is very light, unlike dog. Imagine if my dog do that!

Lobelias are beautiful, which color did you buy? I have purple, blue and pink. I think they are perennial her in California (I only bough this plants once many year ago, they keep coming back in Spring), but probably not in your area.
Cheers,
elra

Post a Comment

Hi,

Would love to know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Merlotti x

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin